Quartus has extensive experience and capabilities in the area of thermal design, management, and analysis. Steady-state & transient heat transfer, coupled CFD/thermal, thermal distortion, and STOP (structural/ thermal/optical) analyses are core strengths of our analysis group.
The analysis group at Quartus has experience performing thermal analysis and solving challenging thermal management problems for a wide range of applications and industries. Common projects and industries include:
- Electronics cooling
- Free & forced convection
- Steady-state & transient
- Spacecraft electronics
- Military Environments
- Ground & airborne systems
- On-orbit thermal (orbit & radiation modeling)
- Spacecraft-level & payload-level programs, including cryogenic systems
- External aerodynamics & aero-heating
- STOP analysis
- Thermal management & performance analysis for optical components and systems
- System pointing, surface distortion, Zernike fits, stress birefringence, thermo-optic effects, etc.
- Advanced energy systems
- Consumer electronics
- Ground-based telescopes & observatory enclosures
Quartus maintains and has extensive experience with a suite of advanced software tools for thermal analysis.
- Electronics cooling, coupled CFD/thermal
- Radiation modeling, on-orbit thermal, simplistic convection models, coupled simulations with ESC
- Thermal Desktop (SINDA/FLUINT)
- Full-purpose code, Spacecraft on-orbit thermal, radiation modeling
- Complex thermal/CFD problems, multi-physics, aero-heating
- Nastran, Abaqus, & ANSYS
- Thermal distortion, simpler heat transfer problems
- Quartus STOP Toolkit
- Extensive internal Matlab tool for optical performance analysis
Have a problem we can solve?
Who We Are
Quartus Engineering Incorporated was founded in 1997 to provide quality advanced engineering services. Quartus specializes in the design and analysis of mechanical systems using computer-aided technologies. We are committed to serving the needs of the engineering community in a timely and cost-effective manner. Download our brochure.